[ psqlodbc-Bugs-1010541 ] applications crash with SIGPIPE

From: <noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
To: noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1010541 ] applications crash with SIGPIPE
Date: 2010-05-21 03:56:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Bugs item #1010541, was opened at 2008-12-29 20:42
You can respond by visiting:
http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=538&aid=1010541&group_id=1000125

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Any time a PostgreSQL server is restarted, applications using the ODBC driver to connect to it will get a SIGPIPE and often crash because of it.  Libraries have no business generating SIGPIPE, so MSG_NOSIGNAL/MSG_NOSIGPIPE/etc. should be specified for the send(2) calls instead.

Comment By: Hiroshi Inoue (hinoue)
Date: 2009-01-04 03:01

Message:
I've just committed a change to CVS according to your
suggestion.

Thanks.
Hiroshi Inoue

Comment By: Brian Feldman (brianfeldman)