BUG #5463: incorrect password when downloading/installing

From: "David Orr" <david_orr83(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5463: incorrect password when downloading/installing
Date: 2010-05-19 01:40:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5463
Logged by:          David Orr
Email address:      david_orr83(at)hotmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.11 or 8.4.4
Operating system:   Windows 7 Starter
Details:

I have previously downloaded v 8.3.11 for use with a program called "Poker
Tracker 3" which uses postgreSQL as a database for online poker hand
listings. The program wasn't working correctly so I uninstalled it and
postgreSQL. I removed the user profile accounts the program had created as
well as doing an uninstall through control panel/programs.
I then tried a similar program called "Holdem Manager" whichruns postgreSQL
v 8.4.4. Again, there were problems with the program so I uninstalled Holdem
Manager and postgreSQL as described earlier.

Now, when I try and install postgreSQL (either 8.3.11 or 8.4.4) it says I am
using the wrong password and the instalation fails. The only password I have
ever used for both 8.3.11 and 8.4.4 is "dbpass". But it's not working when I
instal the program. I have never changed the password to anything else and
I'm not sure what's happening and why I can't instal the program.

Thanks, Dave.

pgsql-bugs by date

Subject: Re: Error in ODBC