quoting and recovery.conf

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: quoting and recovery.conf
Date: 2010-05-13 17:00:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Is there a reason we require single quotes around boolean values in
recovery.conf?

	standby_mode = 'off'

This does not work:

	standby_mode = off

I knew there were inconsistencies between quoting in postgresql.conf and
recovery.conf, but I didn't realize it extended to boolean quoting.  I
see this at the top of recovery.conf now:

	# This file consists of lines of the form:
	#
	#   name = 'value'
	#
	# (The quotes around the value are NOT optional, but the "=" is.)
	#

and this issue existed in 8.4 as well.  Seems I just never noticed it,
and it not specifically mentioned in the TODO item we already have.

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2010-05-13 17:12:27