Re: Clustering features for upcoming developer meeting -- please claim yours!

From: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgresCluster ML <pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Clustering features for upcoming developer meeting -- please claim yours!
Date: 2010-05-10 05:32:02
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> The pgCon developer meeting is coming up next week.  We have a tentative
> agenda item to discuss clustering features, but we need to know
> specifically *what* we are going to discuss.

I'd like to discuss about "Function scan push-down" and "Modification
trigger into core" in the list. I wrote additional description for them
in Wiki, and will use them at the meeting. Comments and adjustment for
the topics are welcome.

* SQL/MED for WHERE-clause push-down
    http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SQL/MED#FDW_routines

* General Modification Trigger and Generalized Data Queue Design
    http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/ModificationTriggerGDQ#Design

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki