BUG #5442: Postgres crash when closing a "/console" mstsc session

From: "" <sdelforge(at)free(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5442: Postgres crash when closing a "/console" mstsc session
Date: 2010-04-29 12:26:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5442
Logged by:
Email address: sdelforge(at)free(dot)fr
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.3
Operating system: Windows 2003
Details:

Hello,

I have nearly the same bug than "BUG #5305", but it occurs only with
/console mode.

Postgres is working as a windows service under the "postgres" user. We log
on the Windows server by using mstsc and we have sometimes a crash of a
prostgres process with "Exit code 128" which stop the postgres service.
After analysing, we saw that the crash occurs only when the "\console"
session stop (but not every time).

We are able to reproduce this crash:
1- Open an mstsc Windows session with "\console" and user Administrator
2- Open a standard mstsc Windows session with antoher user
3- In this new session, execute a process which is doing some requests on
the database and at the same time execute a database backup with pgAdmin
4- Close the "\console" session

Could you help?
Thanks