Re: Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Invitation to connect on LinkedIn
Date: 2010-04-20 14:49:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan escribió:

> I've actually found LinkedIn to be tolerably unobtrusive. And they
> actually advise people fairly prominently to be careful about
> selecting contacts, e.g.:

The actual problem here is that LinkedIn for some reason adds the
mailing list address to your profile as if it were yours. Then, when
somebody tries to add you, linkedin sends an email and it picks the list
address.

I don't know why LinkedIn does this, but it's obviously not something
that the user does knowingly. I imagine it's a bug of some sort. I
know because I used Majordomo's moderation functionality some time ago
and was very surprised at ending up in someone else's LinkedIn account.

--
Alvaro Herrera