BUG #5419: Default parameters in PLPGSQL functions skipping every other value in pgAdmin view

From: "Cris Pond" <cpondwork(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5419: Default parameters in PLPGSQL functions skipping every other value in pgAdmin view
Date: 2010-04-13 22:08:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5419
Logged by:          Cris Pond
Email address:      cpondwork(at)yahoo(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.2
Operating system:   Ubuntu 9.10 kernel linux 2.6.31-20-generic
other value in pgAdmin view
Details:

I define a function as such:

create or replace function _users (
	_mode varchar (1) default null,
	_id int4 default null,
	_username varchar default null,
	_encryptedpassword varchar default null,
	_accountenabled bool default null,
	_administrationenabled bool default null,

It compiles and functions correctly.

When I go to the pgAdmin interface to view the function, it skips the
default value for every other parameter!  Like so:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION _users(
	_mode character varying DEFAULT NULL::character varying,
	_id integer,
	_username character varying DEFAULT NULL::integer,
	_password character varying,
	_accountenabled boolean DEFAULT NULL::character varying,
	_administrationenabled boolean,

You can see the types are mismatched, and the function won't compile.

Oddly enough, this error does not occur in the M$ version of Postgres.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this really a bug?

pgsql-bugs by date