Re: sorry, too many standbys already vs. MaxWalSenders vs. max_wal_senders

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>,Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>,pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: sorry, too many standbys already vs. MaxWalSenders vs. max_wal_senders
Date: 2010-03-31 13:45:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas escribió:
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 8:19 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> > How about using errhint to tell the user which parameter to use?
>
> I thought about that.  I noticed that the error message from the
> master gets displayed on the slave.  I didn't check if an errhint
> would also propagate over.

Hmm, it would be very good that it did.  Perhaps that needs fixing, if
it doesn't work already.

(Personally, I consider that this idea that hints, details and other
message fields are second-level citizens in the error report country has
got to stop.  It means we can only use hints and details for near
useless information.)