Re: Getting to beta1

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Getting to beta1
Date: 2010-03-18 03:29:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 11:26 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > > The list has been reduced greatly in the past week. What about HS/SR
> > > open items?
> >
> > I'd like to see vacuum_defer_cleanup_age added to the "Archive" section
> > of postgresql.conf,
>
> Not all parameters are in postgresql.conf.sample. Encouraging people to
> do this is the wrong approach.
>
> > and add it to the docs (I'll write something this
> > week).
>
> It's already in the docs, so if they read it and understand it they can
> add it to the postgresql.conf if they so choose.

I agree with Josh Berkus that vacuum_defer_cleanup_age should be in
postgresql.conf. We don't stop listing items just because they are
dangerous, e.g. fsync, or to discourage their use. I believe Greg Smith
also felt it should be included.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

PG East: http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do