Re: dedebugging and a functions that just don't work on debian flavour

From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dedebugging and a functions that just don't work on debian flavour
Date: 2010-03-02 10:06:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 23:02:39 -0500

> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
> <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it> wrote:
> > I've no idea what to do next other than asking if someone can
> > give a look to the code and check my comprehension of what a
> > tsquery should be in memory.

> Have you tried valgrind?

It was something related to my misinterpretation on how a tsquery is
built.

operand.length is the length of the cstring *excluding* the \0.
I was mislead by the fact that in tsvector there are no ending \0
while in tsquery there are.

It still need more extensive testing but I think I got it working.

Once I'm sure I got it I'll make the polished source available and
write some docs for all the poor guys like me willing to start to
write extensions ;)

thanks to everybody for the patience.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo