Re: C libpq frontend library fetchsize

From: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: C libpq frontend library fetchsize
Date: 2010-03-01 08:47:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if there would be community support for adding using the
> execute message with a rownum > 0 in the c libpq client library, as it
> is used by the jdbc driver with setFetchSize.

The setFetchSize for libpq is difficult because of the interface
mismatch -- libpq uses array-based APIs (PGresult) and JDBC uses a
cursor-like API (ResultSet). Instead, you can use CURSOR and FETCH
commands to retrieve rows in separated PGresult objects.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center