BUG #5323: plperl and plperlu interaction segfaults

From: "Dave Olszewski" <cxreg(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5323: plperl and plperlu interaction segfaults
Date: 2010-02-11 18:44:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5323
Logged by: Dave Olszewski
Email address: cxreg(at)pobox(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.9
Operating system: Linux
Details:

Creating the following functions reliably segfaults Postgres for me:

CREATE LANGUAGE 'plperl';
CREATE LANGUAGE 'plperlu';
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test_one() RETURNS TRIGGER AS $$ $$ language
'plperlu';
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test_two() RETURNS TRIGGER AS $$ $$ language
'plperl';
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test_two() RETURNS TRIGGER AS $$ $$ language
'plperl';

A possibly interesting note is that if I create "two, one, two two" it will
not crash, but just 'one, two two" will.