Re: Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnect

From: peter(at)vfemail(dot)net
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnect
Date: 2010-02-06 14:11:36
Lists: pgsql-novice
It took me a week to figure out how to figure out how and where to enter that "select version();" command.

I've figured out that I am running PostgreSQL 7.4.3 on i386-portbld-freebsd4.10, compiled by GCC 2.95.4.

I'm guessing, after looking at <http://www.postgresql.org/>http://www.postgresql.org/ that I should upgrade to Version 7.4.27, correct?  This upgrade won't confuse old shell, PHP and Perl scripts or otherwise confuse FreeBSD, correct?

Can you point me to novice-friendly step-by-step instructions?

--------