Re: FOSDEM 2010 and those not attending

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
To: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>,pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2010 and those not attending
Date: 2010-01-29 10:52:08
Lists: pgeu-general
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:46:11AM +0000, Thom Brown wrote:
> On 29 January 2010 10:42, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > > Does anyone know if seminars at FOSDEM will be recorded?
> >
> > We're not planning to do it ourselves. Wanna volunteer?
> >

> Well that's kinda the point, I'm not able to attend, hence the question ;)
> I would have loved to volunteer were I going though.

I tried to record the talks in the last two years - both times with
lousy results. The light situation is usually very bad (either the room
is too dark anyway or the sun is shining and the blinds are lowered), in
addition the roam is big and the camera needs to be positioned far in
the back.

The result is, that the cam often did not even focus and the
recorded sound is very quiet.

I don't plan to record the talks again this year. If someone wants to
volunteer: please contact me for detailed information.

Kind regards

--
				Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group