Problem building the documentation

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem building the documentation
Date: 2010-01-22 16:16:45
Lists: pgsql-docs
In building the US PDF documentation I am getting this error from LaTeX:

	LaTeX Warning: Reference `RELEASE-8-2-7' on page xxxii undefined on
	input line
	37586.

	LaTeX Warning: Reference `101577' on page xxxii undefined on input line
	37612.

	[32.0.18
	pdfTeX error (ext4): link annotations can't be nested.
	<to be read again>
	                   \endgroup
	l.37619 {start}}
	                \Link%
	!  ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file not finished!
	Transcript written on postgres-US.log.
	gmake: *** [postgres-US.pdf] Error 1
	gmake: *** Deleting file `postgres-US.pdf'
	rm postgres-US.tex-pdf

The problem is related to the release-8.2.sgml file, but if I make that
file zero-length, it fails on release-8.1.sgml.  I see this failure
building the current PDF docs and in the 8.4 PDF docs.

I did a web search for the error message and it seems to relate to links
crossing page boundaries or something.  I don't see any unusual
constructs on the SGML files.

I used to be able to build the PDF documentation.  I am curious what
changes others have made to allow PDF documentation builds.

pgsql-docs by date