Problem building the documentation

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem building the documentation
Date: 2010-01-22 16:16:45
Lists: pgsql-docs

In building the US PDF documentation I am getting this error from LaTeX:

LaTeX Warning: Reference `RELEASE-8-2-7' on page xxxii undefined on
input line
37586.

LaTeX Warning: Reference `101577' on page xxxii undefined on input line
37612.

[32.0.18
pdfTeX error (ext4): link annotations can't be nested.
<to be read again>
\endgroup
l.37619 {start}}
\Link%
! ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file not finished!
Transcript written on postgres-US.log.
gmake: *** [postgres-US.pdf] Error 1
gmake: *** Deleting file `postgres-US.pdf'
rm postgres-US.tex-pdf

The problem is related to the release-8.2.sgml file, but if I make that
file zero-length, it fails on release-8.1.sgml. I see this failure
building the current PDF docs and in the 8.4 PDF docs.

I did a web search for the error message and it seems to relate to links
crossing page boundaries or something. I don't see any unusual
constructs on the SGML files.

I used to be able to build the PDF documentation. I am curious what
changes others have made to allow PDF documentation builds.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com