Re: pgsql: And another one

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-committers <pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: And another one
Date: 2010-01-06 09:48:39
Lists: pgsql-committers

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 06:20:07PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> This kind of commit message is pretty much useless. If you want to do
> a git blame/cvs annotate/whatever later, it gives exactly zero
> information.

No, I didn't want to blame anything. I was just trying to fix this before
leaving as I had to pick up one of my sons. And no, this didn't show up in any
of my tests as obviously the files were rewritten by cvs when committed. After
using git so much the fault was in front of my keyboard because I simply forgot
about this feature.

> Isn't it better to just reuse the previous commit message? That will
> also allow tools to group the commits together (if you're lucky, they
> might even show up in git as a single commit)

Is there anything in cvs comparable to the git amend option?

> (if you actually need this many different commits, of course :P)

Need? No way, it just happens sometimes. Sigh.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo/Skype: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org