Re: Largeobject Access Controls (r2460)

From: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>, Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Largeobject Access Controls (r2460)
Date: 2009-12-18 00:27:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Another comment is I'd like to keep <link linkend="catalog-pg-largeobject-metadata">
> > for the first <structname>pg_largeobject</structname> in each topic.
>
> Those two things aren't the same.  Perhaps you meant <link
> linkend="catalog-pg-largeobject">?

Oops, yes. Thank you for the correction.

We also have "8.4.x series" in the core code. Do you think we also
rewrite those messages? One of them is an use-visible message.

LargeObjectAlterOwner() : pg_largeobject.c
         * The 'lo_compat_privileges' is not checked here, because we
         * don't have any access control features in the 8.4.x series
         * or earlier release.
         * So, it is not a place we can define a compatible behavior.

guc.c
    {"lo_compat_privileges", PGC_SUSET, COMPAT_OPTIONS_PREVIOUS,
        gettext_noop("Enables backward compatibility in privilege checks on large objects"),
        gettext_noop("When turned on, privilege checks on large objects perform "
                     "with backward compatibility as 8.4.x or earlier releases.")

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center