Re: Some questions on the backup window

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Some questions on the backup window
Date: 2009-12-16 12:26:00
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le mercredi 16 décembre 2009 à 00:19:38, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le mardi 15 décembre 2009 à 13:01:01, Dave Page a écrit :
> > On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> >
> > <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

> > > OK, will do that. Not sure on the UI. A simple button would be enough?
> >
> > Yeah, but lets see how it works with the checkboxes only first.
>
> Tonight's work:
> * Change some strings according to Dave's advice.
> * Add checkbox on the Database node.
> * Honour the schema restriction in the treeview.
> * Re-accept schema only and table only dump.
> * Enable/Disable options depending on pg_dump release.
>
> I tried the whole new layout (Database / Schemas / each schema / Tables
> /each table), but it doesn't feel right. I think the old layout with the
> new checkbox on the Database node is much better.
>
> TODO:
> * Only the click on the checkbox should change the state of the objects

This is now fixed. I also fixed two tiny issues (bigger window and first tab
selected at startup).

> * Use icons with the checkbox?
> * Toggle Selection button?

Not sure we need to do this right now. I can probably commit a first patch
with the most important code, and, if all find it better to have those two,
write a second patch.

> * Check the UI on Mac and Windows.

I'll do that tonight.

My next patch will be on the restore dialog.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org