Re: Some questions on the backup window

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Some questions on the backup window
Date: 2009-12-15 23:19:38
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Le mardi 15 décembre 2009 à 13:01:01, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
>
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> > Le mardi 15 décembre 2009 à 12:32:37, Dave Page a écrit :

> >> I find them pretty handy when I need to check > 50% of a large number
> >> of items. You can check the ones you don't want, and then toggle.
> >> Depending on the total number of items, and ratio of checked to
> >> un-checked, it can be quite a timesaver.
> >
> > OK, will do that. Not sure on the UI. A simple button would be enough?
>
> Yeah, but lets see how it works with the checkboxes only first.

Tonight's work:
 * Change some strings according to Dave's advice.
 * Add checkbox on the Database node.
 * Honour the schema restriction in the treeview.
 * Re-accept schema only and table only dump.
 * Enable/Disable options depending on pg_dump release.

I tried the whole new layout (Database / Schemas / each schema / Tables /each
table), but it doesn't feel right. I think the old layout with the new
checkbox on the Database node is much better.

TODO:
 * Only the click on the checkbox should change the state of the object
 * Use icons with the checkbox?
 * Toggle Selection button?
 * Check the UI on Mac and Windows.

--