Re: Largeobject Access Controls (r2460)

From: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Cc: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Largeobject Access Controls (r2460)
Date: 2009-12-14 00:40:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> wrote:

> We don't have any reason why still CASE ... WHEN and subquery for the given
> LOID. Right?

Ah, I see. I used your suggestion.

I applied the bug fixes. Our tools and contrib modules will always use
pg_largeobject_metadata instead of pg_largeobject to enumerate large objects.

I removed "GRANT SELECT (loid) ON pg_largeobject TO PUBLIC" from initdb
because users must use pg_largeobject_metadata.oid when they want to check
OIDs of large objects; If not, they could misjudge the existence of objects.
This is an unavoidable incompatibility unless we always have corresponding
tuples in pg_largeobject even for zero-length large objects.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center