Re: Postgres blob question - insert from basic.

From: richard terry <rterry(at)pacific(dot)net(dot)au>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres blob question - insert from basic.
Date: 2009-11-23 20:49:08
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Tuesday 24 November 2009 01:05:20 Jean-Yves F. Barbier wrote:
> richard terry a écrit :
> > I'm confused about permissions to use lo_import/export:

> got the same on command line as a user: must be SU to use lo_import.
>
> but why don't U use a BYTEA (upper size limit is 1GB instead of 2GB,
> but I doubt U have such large objects).
>
> on command line, it works as a user:
> INSERT INTO fruit ('tst', '/tmp/australia_land_of_dragons.png');
> INSERT 0  1
>
> JY

Thanks for your reply, BTW when replying you should include the original post
as this header dosn't give the information about what the problem/lack of
knowledge was.

Did you try and retreive the image using this code into another png file and
try viewing it to verify it was an image you saved? It dosnt' work in my hands
unfortunately.

Thanks.

Regards

Richard