BUG #5194: fire IDispatch Error #3015 when run PutCollect() in ADO

From: "goldenhawking" <goldenhawking(at)vip(dot)163(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5194: fire IDispatch Error #3015 when run PutCollect() in ADO
Date: 2009-11-17 05:26:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5194
Logged by:          goldenhawking
Email address:      goldenhawking(at)vip(dot)163(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.1
Operating system:   Ubuntu 9.10 accessed by Vista Home basic

I have to convert our group's code from MySQL to pgSQL , this project was
built and tested first under MS-Access 2003, then to MY-SQL 5.0, 5.1, and
now they want me to convert it to pgSQL because some large table need to be
divided into sub tables, pg is a good chioce.
the pg Server is inited in Ubuntu 9.10, testing tables has been created very
simple(I'm a beginner in pgSQL),
sindex varchar (24)(PK)
strname varchar (24)
sage integer
spicture bytea
coded as UTF-8 (to hold asian chars)

the client program runs on MS Vista Home, built by MSVC2008. because this
project is first for MS Access 2003, All DB opers are coded as ADo-Record

I use pgODBC 8.4.00100,has connection string like:

and then I open a connection as

m_pConnection->CursorLocation = adUseClient;
m_pConnection->ConnectionTimeout = 15;

open the recode set like
pstrSQL = _T("select * from student");
*)m_pConnection,true),			adOpenDynamic,adLockPessimistic,adCmdText);

and insert first new item

when the debugger runs on

it throws an com error that tells me "Mulit-step oper error, please check
the state value for each step "(Translated by my self from asian language)
the errmsg: Idispatch error #3015

I just changes the connection str to mysql, access, mssql, my code runs
well, but this exception continues occure in pgSQL, I googled for a whole
day get few help.

please ,please help me! I can insert the item in psql, and in ado with
"sprintf(sql,"insert into student(...""
 however, our code has a huge amount of "AddItem,Update...",I have no time
to convert all of them to insert!

pgsql-bugs by date