Re: Correct place for merchandising issues

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Subject: Re: Correct place for merchandising issues
Date: 2009-11-12 23:29:01
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:05:32 -0800 Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 23:56 +0100, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> >
> > i would like to discuss the right place for handling all the
> > merchandising related topics. This includes (among others):
> >
> > - requests and sending material to user groups and conferences
> > - order merchandising from different suppliers
> > - discuss new merchandising material and/or new designs
> > - discussions about online shop(s)
> > - ...
> >
> > I don't think, -www is the right place for this kind of emails.
> > The eu-general list has an ongoing discussionĀ¹ about merchandising, but
> > that's not the right place, because this list is only for EU related
> > discussions.
> >
> > Personally i would like a new mailinglist for this, but i'm open for
> > other ideas.
>
> Actually I would argue that for eu related merchandising it is
> absolutely appropriate. EU/US (and other regions) are going to be
> relatively autonomous in their needs outside of content (such as source
> for flyers).

Even if EU and US are autonomous (which isn't absolutely true) - what
about other countries and continents? Do we want to establish separate
processes in each and every country, for each conference as example? Or
wouldn't it better to have a contact where one can ask for promotion and
merchandising material?

If i pick up your autonomy idea: the eu-general list isn't the right
place for this discussion because this will flood the inbox of every
subscriber with a lot of eu-unrelated talk.

So my question about the right place is still open.

Kind regards

--
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group