Re: Submitting bugs?

From: Dan Colish <dan(at)unencrypted(dot)org>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Submitting bugs?
Date: 2009-11-12 14:56:57
Lists: pdxpug

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:12:59PM -0800, Webb Sprague wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am get the occasional seg fault running 8.4.1 and Postgis (recent)
> on Mac OS X -- I am not sure if I can reproduce them, but they might
> be of interest to the project. Does anybody have any advice on filing
> bug reports, ?

Are you able to determine if they are caused by 8.4.1 or Postgis? Narrowing this
down early really helps. Also a full stacktrace will be important. You might
need to rebuild postgres and postgis with full debug symbols depending on your
current build. Finally, steps to repeat are usually required.

--
--Dan