BUG #5127: AbstractJdbc2Connection#doRollback should throws Exception if connection is closed

From: "" <taktos(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5127: AbstractJdbc2Connection#doRollback should throws Exception if connection is closed
Date: 2009-10-20 09:45:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5127
Logged by:
Email address: taktos(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.7
Operating system: CentOS 5.1
Exception if connection is closed
Details:

If PostgreSQL server is restarted, old Connection pooled in Application
server's ConnectionPool cannot connect to DB.
That's OK.
But, I can call rollback() on old Connection and it throws no exception.
(I've set autocommit to false and ProtocolConnection#getTransactionState
returns 0)

It's fault. Rollback() should fail (throw exception) because JDBC connection
could not execute rollback.