Problem with C# TableAdapter

From: "Klaus Ummenhofer" <info(at)deciphe-it(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with C# TableAdapter
Date: 2009-10-10 14:33:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello community,

I try to access a PostgreSql database with C# and have some problems creating a TableAdapter.

The problem is that a new TableAdapter does only create the SELECT command but not the commands for UPDATE, INSERT and DELETE. I am using the ODBC driver PSQLODBC30A.DLL 8.04.01.00, PostgreSql 8.4 and VS2005.

I found some information affecting my problem which are related to primary keys. So far I am aware of needing a primary key in order to generate these commands. Please could someone inspect the CREATE scripts below which are not working properly and let me know, how I should change them.

What else could I do in order to use the database via a TableAdapter object?

Thank you.

Klaus

CREATE TABLE films (
code char(5) CONSTRAINT firstkey PRIMARY KEY,
title varchar(40) NOT NULL,
did integer NOT NULL,
date_prod date,
kind varchar(10),