Re: How to tell what OS PostgreSQL is installed on.

From: "Scott Whitney" <swhitney(at)journyx(dot)com>
To: "'Louis Lam'" <louis(dot)lam(at)guardium(dot)com>,<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to tell what OS PostgreSQL is installed on.
Date: 2009-10-08 21:10:49
Lists: pgsql-admin
Visual C++ is Microsoft's compiler for C++. If something is compiled with
Visual C++, it was COMPILED on Windows. There is a 99.9% chance that the
underlying machine is also Windows (unless you're talking about a VM, but,
still, the OS on which PG itself is running is, in fact, Windows).

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way, within the PG interpreter to
determine what version of Windows you're on, however.