[ psqlodbc-Bugs-1010713 ] Bug with datatype lo and server side cursor

From: <noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
To: noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1010713 ] Bug with datatype lo and server side cursor
Date: 2009-10-08 14:34:07
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Bugs item #1010713, was opened at 2009-10-06 17:21
You can respond by visiting:
http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=538&aid=1010713&group_id=1000125

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Since the latest version of our application we switched from clientside to serverside cursor. Everything works fine except for tables that have a lo field. Since we use serverside cursors we can't post any data to the table in the lo field. It seems like the ODBC driver is generating the wrong query and is inserting the blob content directly, without quoting, into the update query.

We have the following configuration:
PostgreSQL version:
PostgreSQL 8.3.7 on Debian 4.3.2-1.1
ODBC driver:
PostgreSQL Unicode 8.03.04.00 (also tested with version 8.04.01.00)
Connectionstring:
Provider=MSDASQL.1;
Extended Properties="DRIVER={PostgreSQL Unicode};
DATABASE=dbname;
SERVER=192.168.1.120;
PORT=5432;
READONLY=0;
PROTOCOL=7.4+;
FAKEOIDINDEX=0;
SHOWOIDCOLUMN=0;
ROWVERSIONING=0;
SHOWSYSTEMTABLES=0;
CONNSETTINGS=SET CLIENT_ENCODING TO 'LATIN1';
FETCH=100;
SOCKET=4096;
UNKNOWNSIZES=Longest;
MAXVARCHARSIZE=254;
TrueIsMinus1=1;
UpdatableCursors=1;
CACHESIZE=100;
MAXLONGVARCHARSIZE=-4;
OPTIMIZER=1;
KSQO=1;
USEDECLAREFETCH=0;
TEXTASLONGVARCHAR=1;
UNKNOWNSASLONGVARCHAR=1;
BOOLSASCHAR=0;
PARSE=0;
CANCELASFREESTMT=0;
EXTRASYSTABLEPREFIXES=dd_";
LFConversion=1;
DisallowPremature=0;
BI=0;
DEBUG=0;
COMMLOG=0;

Comment By: Roel Claessen (xillion)
Date: 2009-10-08 16:32

Message:
I'm sorry. It was indeed the Global option that I used. In
the new file that I have uploaded you will find the output
with the datasource option enabled.

Regards,
Roel Claessen.

Comment By: Hiroshi Inoue (hinoue)
Date: 2009-10-08 15:58

Message:
Unfortunately I can see only out of connection log.
Maybe you are turning on the Global option.
Please turn on the Datasource option as well.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Comment By: Roel Claessen (xillion)
Date: 2009-10-08 13:08

Message:
Hello Hiroshi,

Thank you for your quick response. I have attached the
requested file.

Date: 2009-10-07 13:51

Message:
Could you attach the Mylog output of the failures ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue