Re: CommitFest 2009-09, two weeks on

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Hans-Juergen Schoenig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Dan Colish <dan(at)unencrypted(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CommitFest 2009-09, two weeks on
Date: 2009-10-01 16:12:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 03:47:07PM +0200, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
> You're not being fair with me. The dependencies are quite
> technical.

I'm sorry that you interpreted my email this way, it wasn't at all meant to
offend you.

> First, Tom Lane suggested to unify core and ecpg FETCH
> syntaxes so both will accept optional FROM/IN, which I did.
> SQLDA support adds new FETCH forms (Informix-specific

This is actually one I was talking about. Adding SQLDA *only* seems like an
easy one, as soon as it also hits the parser it becomes more complicated. This
is not to say that it is not doable, but it wasn't for me with my time
constraints. I was just explaining why I didn't delve into these any more so
far.

> When I first posted the split patchset, you didn't tell me that
> the split is no good. I tried everything help I could to explain
> why I did what.

Well actually I did, but that's not the problem here. I have no idea why you
are ranting like this just because of me excusing myself for a lack of time.

> Also, the current reviewer (Dan Colish) haven't contacted me despite
> I offered help privately. I can't review my own patches, that's clear.
> But I can't do anything else to speed review up but to offer my help
> and wait for the help/explanation request that didn't arrive.

Okay, so it's all my fault. Do you feel better now?

> Also, I have sent some independent very small patches, that don't
> even need much review. One of them (the typo in pgc.l) was already
> applied and I thank you Michael, but the memory leak fix for two
> improperly freed numerics is still behind. Please, look at that patch,
> it should be really obvious.

My last commit was one of your patches, obviously I didn't do anything on ecpg
since. I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me, you might want to explain
the last two sentences. But keep in mind you are *not* the one to decide how I
spend my spare time.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo/Skype: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org