Re: CommitFest 2009-09, two weeks on

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CommitFest 2009-09, two weeks on
Date: 2009-10-01 12:27:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:34:23PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> qualified to review them. (I don't actually think we have anybody
> except Michael who's really familiar with ecpg.)

I'm afraid I'm simply not able to spend much time on this in the near future as
I'm simply too busy atm. I spend some time on these the last time, but wasn't
even able to see how Zoltan changed the points we mentioned back then, but I'm
sure he has.

As already noted the patches stack on each other. There doesn't seem to be a
technical reason for this at least not for some of those dependencies. With the
first patch changing the grammar file and thus taking quite some reviewing
effort this slows things down even more because one needs more effort to review
for instance the sqlda addition, although that one seems to be quite easy to
review.

All of this is written from the top of my head, so please bear with me if I
missed any changes in the patches.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo/Skype: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org