Re: TODO item: Allow more complex user/database default GUC settings

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TODO item: Allow more complex user/database default GUC settings
Date: 2009-09-30 19:59:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane escribió:

> BTW, have we thought much about the simplest possible solution,
> which is to not have the view? How badly do we need it? Seems
> like dropping the functionality into a psql \d command might be
> a viable alternative.

FWIW I came up with a preliminary patch for a new psql command \dus that
shows settings. It takes a pattern that's used to constrain on roles.
Thus there is no way to view settings for a database. If there's a need
for that we could use another command, say \dls.

Sample output

alvherre=# \dus fo*
List of settings
role | database | settings