Re: Convert OID intergers to path strings.

From: Joshua Tolley <eggyknap(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: fulan Peng <fulanpeng(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Convert OID intergers to path strings.
Date: 2009-09-14 00:20:32
Lists: pgsql-committers

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 06:06:11PM +0000, fulan Peng wrote:
> Hi, committers!
>
> I am naive for postgresql. I have millions of tiny databases. When I
> was trying to createdb, it fails because each database is saved in
> $PG_DATA/base/Oid. In UFS system, one directory maximum can hold
> 32768 subdirectories.

The pgsql-hackers mailing list is a better place for this discussion, and the
first time you emailed about this problem the hackers list responded. See
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-09/msg00731.php for details.
Feel free to continue the discussion on that thread if you wish.

--
Joshua Tolley / eggyknap
End Point Corporation