Possible bug in PGInterval class

From: Ľubomír Varga <luvar(at)plaintext(dot)sk>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Possible bug in PGInterval class
Date: 2009-08-31 19:34:12
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi.

I have noticed imho bad behaviour of add methods for PGInterval class.
(org.postgresql.util.PGInterval)

First is unlogical adding sum to parameter and not to object on which is
method invoked. (this is also writen in javadoc, so I accept it)

Second, critical for me, is to not using modulo in addition. So if you add 55
minutes to 55 minutes, you get 110 minutes instead of 1 hour and 50 minutes.

Is this bug or feature? Should I use to postprocessing of sql query result
some other date classes? (joda time, or java date class...)

Thanks for answer.

PS: If it is not bug, please add some description to javadoc also to this
behaviour.

I am using 8.4-701 build and source...

--
Odborník na všetko je zlý odborník. Ja sa snažím byť výnimkou potvrdzujúcou
pravidlo.

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Kris JurkaDate: 2009-09-02 00:01:11