Re: Unicode UTF-8 table formatting for psql text output

From: Roger Leigh <rleigh(at)codelibre(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Roger Leigh <rleigh(at)debian(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unicode UTF-8 table formatting for psql text output
Date: 2009-08-23 10:32:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 01:49:02AM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 07:42:10PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Roger Leigh<rleigh(at)debian(dot)org> wrote:
> > > Further minor cleanups to tweak column alignment in a corner case,
> > > and to correct indentation to match the rest of the code.
> >
> > Please read the guidelines here:
> > http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch
> >
> > I don't think it's very helpful to submit a patch intended to do
> > basically one thing split up over 10 threads. The PostgreSQL style is
> > heavyweight commits, and I don't believe that there's any reason to
> > suppose that someone would want to commit any one of these 9 pieces
> > without the other 8.
>
> OK. I have attached a single patch which combines the nine patches
> into one. I did read the patch page above, but it didn't mention

A second patch is attached. This is identical to the previous one,
except that it's re-diffed against the REL8_4_STABLE branch for
anyone who wishes to use this with 8.4.

Again, apologies for the noise with my first set of patches.

Regards,
Roger

--
.''`. Roger Leigh

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql-utf8-table-1-8.4rel.patch text/x-diff 13.4 KB