Re: BUG #5004: pg_freespacemap make a SegFault

From: hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz(at)depesz(dot)com>
To: Sebastien Lardiere <slardiere(at)hi-media(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5004: pg_freespacemap make a SegFault
Date: 2009-08-22 17:52:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 04:26:11PM +0000, Sebastien Lardiere wrote:

> Bug reference:      5004
> Logged by:          Sebastien Lardiere
> Email address:      slardiere(at)hi-media(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.7
> Operating system:   Debian Etch
> Details:
>
> I've got a crash with a cluster. Nothing found in the logfile, but a message
> about a Segfault, so I get a coredump and here is the backtrace :

Can you check if you had any vacuums running at the time of crash?

It might be in logs, something like:
WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.
STATEMENT:  vacuum

if yes - how many vacuum jobs there were?

depesz

--
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/depesz  /  blog: http://www.depesz.com/
jid/gtalk: depesz(at)depesz(dot)com / aim:depeszhdl / skype:depesz_hdl / gg:6749007