Re: fillfactor hides autovacuum parameters in 8.4.0

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: fillfactor hides autovacuum parameters in 8.4.0
Date: 2009-08-19 20:32:21
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

Itagaki Takahiro wrote:

> To fix the bug, each field in StdRdOptions should have "not-specified" flag.
> If not specified, autovacuum should use current GUC settings instead of
> reloptions. Is it possible to change the default values of reloptions
> to some magic number (-1 or so) ?

Ah. After checking the code I remember that this was right at some
point, but it was lost when the parsing step was made to use a table
(fillRelOptions). This behavior could be restored by having the fill
routine have a callback of some sort; we could use that to set a boolean
in StdRdOptions that indicated whether they are set in reloptions or are
default values.