Re: alpha1 bundled -- please verify

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: alpha1 bundled -- please verify
Date: 2009-08-19 16:33:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> > Alpha1 has been bundled and is available at
> >

> > Please check that it is sane.
> I downloaded it and did a make and make check on a machine without all
> the packages to build from a source checkout.  All 121 tests passed.
> Anything else I can do to check sanity?  (In particular, it sounds
> like docs are a potential issue, but I'm not sure what I should
> check.)

Docs look good -- installed the HTML docs and manpages.  The index seems

One little odd thing about the manpages: the SEE ALSO section of
VACUUM.7 looks like this:

       vacuumdb,        Cost-Based Vacuum Delay
            , The Autovacuum Daemon

Strangely, on the text it looks good:

       PostgreSQL includes an “autovacuum” facility which can automate routine
       vacuum maintenance. For more information about automatic and manual
       vacuuming, see Section 23.1, “Routine Vacuuming”, in the documentation.

Alvaro Herrera