BUG #4994: Silent Installation

From: "Ali Al-Aswad" <alawibh(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4994: Silent Installation
Date: 2009-08-18 17:38:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4994
Logged by: Ali Al-Aswad
Email address: alawibh(at)hotmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: postgresql-8.2
Operating system: Win XP Prof SP2
Details:

Hi,,

I'm using the following batch file content to install the postgres:

msiexec /i postgresql-8.2-int.msi /qn INTERNALLAUNCH=1 DOSERVICE=1
DOINITDB=0 ADDLOCAL=server,psql,pgadmin,postgis
SERVICEDOMAIN="%aalaswad-pc%" SERVICEACCOUNT="itrack21" SUPERUSER="postgres"
ENCODING=UTF8 CREATESERVICEUSER=1 SERVICEPASSWORD="cts_user_2009"
SERVICENAME="PostgreSQL Database Server 8.1" SUPERPASSWORD="cts_user_2009"
BASEDIR="c:\postgres"

but, when I try to log-in it gives me the following error:

Server doesn't listen
The server doesn't accept connections: the connection library reports
could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the
server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port
5432?

and when I tried to start the windows service manualy it gives me the
following msg:

The PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0 service on Local Computer started and
then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do,
for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service.

Please, help me!

regards,,