Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use DocBook XSL stylesheets for man page building This switches

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use DocBook XSL stylesheets for man page building This switches
Date: 2009-08-05 19:34:45
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> petere(at)postgresql(dot)org (Peter Eisentraut) writes:
> > Use DocBook XSL stylesheets for man page building
>
> I tried "make man" on my Fedora 10 machine. It built stuff, but:
>
> * I see it claiming to be making manpages for the SPI functions and
> dblink functions, eg
>
> Note: meta manvol : no refentry/refmeta/manvolnum dblink_connect
> Note: meta manvol : see http://docbook.sf.net/el/manvolnum dblink_connect
> Note: Writing man1/dblink_connect.1
>
> but no output file actually appears. And why is it dropping this stuff
> in section 1, wouldn't 3 be more appropriate?

Committed -- the dblink pages are still the same though.

The reason the files they don't show up is that they are being
removed by a "rm" call in the makefile. And they are in section 1
because they are missing a <manvolnum> tag.

The SPI pages could use some SEE ALSO entries, but I ran out of time
halfway through writing that. Maybe later.