Re: SE-PostgreSQL Specifications

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Greg Williamson <gwilliamson39(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, Sam Mason <sam(at)samason(dot)me(dot)uk>, Joshua Brindle <method(at)manicmethod(dot)com>
Subject: Re: SE-PostgreSQL Specifications
Date: 2009-07-24 20:53:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 01:07:54AM -0700, Greg Williamson wrote:
> Here is the initial draft of SE-PostgreSQL specifications:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SEPostgreSQL_Draft

Hey, this is really cool. Think it is a nice introduction. Fixed some
of the really obvious language stuff and an example but the English is
quite good.

One thing I know people are going to ask: why did you use names like
"create" and "delete" and not the usual names that postgresql itself
uses. I suspect the answer is because that's the standard naming used
in SELinux, but I think you need to spell that out somewhere.

The same for the db_* convention. Do you have a reference to naming
conventions for SELinux permissions?

I need to think it over some more, but it's a really good start.

Have a nice day,