Challenging Opportunity for Postgres professionals.

From: "Aditya Thatte" <aditya(at)hexagonsearch(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Challenging Opportunity for Postgres professionals.
Date: 2009-07-21 13:48:58
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Hi All,

We would like to share an exciting and challenging opportunity with one of
our esteemed client for the Postgres professionals at Pune.

Our client have a large customer base including IBM, Sony Online, Hi5
Network, etc to name a few.

As part of the team, you'll work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment to
develop, support, market, and sell our award-winning enterprise-class
database solutions.

Our client has been crowned with various prestigious awards, giving evidence
to the invigorated innovative and entrepreneurial strength of the technology
ecosystem.

Database Administrator:-

Candidate would be responsible as a Database Administrator for different
projects spread over different geographical locations. Candidate would be
working on production Database environments of clients.

Should have strong communication skills to convey the right message to the
Customer.

Candidate should have relevant Postgres / Oracle DBA experience of 5 - 7
years, the candidate should have

*	Should have handled large size production databases.
*	Proficient in installations on UNIX platforms. Solaris is must.
*	Strong database administration skills
*	Database Capacity planning
*	Strong PL/SQL knowledge: Ability to write procedures, packages,
triggers, functions etc.
*	Backup and recovery: Ability to implement and test backup/recovery
strategies for production database. (RMAN is must)
*	Performance Tuning: Ability to tune various database parameters and
optimize SQL queries.
*	Database replication
*	Ability to work in 24X7 environments.
*	Data modeling (Forward/Reverse engineering )
*	Knowledge of RAC and Data Guard is essential.
*	Ability to write shell scripts.
*	Should have OS tuning experience for-Windows 2003,Linux Redhat/SUSE,
HP-UX and Solaris(Any of the two)
*	Ability to work in Onsite/Offsite model

The Candidate will be responsible for database related activities such as
stored procedures, tuning, writing, Perl Scripts etc. Candidate would have
opportunities to visit Client sites

Please send your updated resumes on aditya(at)hexagonsearch(dot)com or get in touch
with the undersigned on 9850999160.

Thanks and regards,

    Aditya Thatte

Aditya Thatte
 <http://www.hexagonsearch.com/> Hexagon Executive Search Pvt. Ltd.
2, Sarla Camellia, Pushpak Park,
ITI Road, Aundh,
Pune-411007, INDIA.

Mobile     :  +91-98509-99160
Email       :  aditya(at)hexagonsearch(dot)com
Web         :   <http://www.hexagonsearch.com/> www.hexagonsearch.com

LinkedIn  :

Hexagon Executive Search is an independent, boutique search firm
specializing in executing  mid-to-senior level search assignments. As a
result of our laser-like focus, we are the preferred talent search partner
for many premier MNC and Indian companies. From a candidate's perspective,
we look to build a long-term professional relationship, and you will get to
leverage on our consultative approach and high-level contacts in the
industry.

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: Len GreenDate: 2009-07-24 05:06:09