Statistics updates

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Statistics updates
Date: 2009-07-19 21:15:29
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

Here are three patches for statistics on various objects:

* database: we had statistics on the Databases node but we didn't have them
on each individual database node.
* indexes: we had statistics on each individual index node but we didn't
have them on the Indexes node of each table.
* functions: we didn't have them at all, but it is now needed on 8.4.

I did a patch for each one because I'm not sure they will all be accepted
right away. For the database one, I'm not sure that copying the
DisplayStatistics() function code is the better way to make it work. On the
index one, should I also display statistics for primary key and unique
constraints? it seems it would be a good idea. But it would meant that only
these constraints would be displayed. CHECK constraints, for example, would be
invisible. Comments?

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Attachment Content-Type Size
stats_functions_v1.patch text/x-patch 4.2 KB
stats_databases_v1.patch text/x-patch 2.3 KB
stats_indexes_v1.patch text/x-patch 3.9 KB