PostgreSQL DBA position

From: "Dirk E Zondag Jr" <dirk(at)elevaterg(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL DBA position
Date: 2009-07-08 18:18:36
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Year Founded: 2006

# of employees: 22ish people

Location: San Mateo, CA

Current Co. revenue/funding: 25 million in funding, looking to October for
our next round; making a lot of money off our trial campaigns

Position Title: PostgreDBA

Minimum Requirements in Years:

1. Solid understanding of postgreSQL

2. DBA experience with postreSQL or an RDBMS (migrating away from mySQL
database)

3. Service delivery system experience; ran 24x7 systems before, pager
carrying job

4. Good habits documenting the system, what has been done so people can
follow

5. UNIX or Linux (preferred) understanding

6. Scripting language experience: understands scripting in 'A' scripting
language: perl, ruby, python, bash, shell or javascript

Desired Proficiencies in Years:

1. Familiar with Java (system written in java), SaaS experience, systems
administration, operations, production, triage experience, DBA, Database
Administrator

2. Startup environment experience

Top Selling Points of position:

1. Re-tooling the datacenter and our product to work around a new system
that is way more efficient and allow us to scale and be more successful

2. Getting in on the first floor (not ground floor) of a very exciting
product

3. In a 90 day push to get out to customers in which we go live and money
will be coming in as well as promised investments.

Product Description:

Retargeting of ads and anything for that matter, increasing relevancy,
helping owners, advertisers, agencies connect 1-on-1 with the right people.
Delivering campaigns, creative and relevant content that is individualized
through our complex system.

Company Highlights:

Done numerous trials and they are blowing the competition out of the water!

An OnMedia 100 top private company winner, AO Global 250 recipient

We are actively interviewing for this position. Please send your resume ASAP
to Dirk Zondag <mailto:dirk(at)elevaterg(dot)com> dirk(at)elevaterg(dot)com(dot) If you
would like to refer someone for this position, we offer a $1000.00 referral
fee.

Dirk E Zondag Jr: Manager, Technical Recruitment
Elevate Recruiting Group: 866 550 7661

Click below to...
<http://www.twitter.com/dirksunvalley>
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/dirkezondagjr>