Re: HEAD is open for 8.5 development

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: HEAD is open for 8.5 development
Date: 2009-07-02 06:42:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 02 July 2009 05:29:58 Robert Haas wrote:
> If you are taking a look at
> any of the patches submitted for this CommitFest, please put your name
> next to them on the wiki.  Please ALSO add a comment saying something
> like "tgl says: I am reviewing this, no need to assign a round-robin
> reviewer".

> During the last CommitFest, we had occasional shenanigans where
> someone would stick the name of a committer or other community member
> next to a patch just because they had made some comments on it.  But
> the person whose name got stuck there didn't necessarily know about it
> or feel any responsibility to conduct a complete review.  So it would
> be helpful if everyone could make sure to add a comment when claiming
> patches.

Um, how about no one sticks no one's name to any patch unless it is themselves
or they are the commit fest management team and the reviewer has explicitly
OK'ed it.

Let's not begin to use several levels of "Reviewer: X", "X says: I will really
review it.", "RH says: This X is legit.", "Reconfirmed-by: X".  The wiki is
weird enough to use that we shouldn't need to edit it in more than one place
for each logical step.