Re: BUG #4894: [patch] documentation bug on 'include'directive

From: Peter Schuller <peter(dot)schuller(at)infidyne(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4894: [patch] documentation bug on 'include'directive
Date: 2009-06-30 06:58:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs
> > The documentation says to use:
> >   include 'filename'
> > Which fails with a generic error.
>
> What generic error?

Error: Invalid line 496 in /etc/postgresql/8.3/main/postgresql.conf: »include 'filename' « failed!

> > Correct syntax is:
> >   include = 'filename'
>
> The stated syntax should work just fine.

Ok. This is with a Debian PostgreSQL 8.3. I did have a look through
the debian diffs before submittig the report and didn't find anything
immediately obvious that would break the include directive. That said
perhaps it has been changed in CVS; I didn't test that, but only had a
quick look at the code.

Since I thought the lack of = was indeed incorrect syntax I claimed
CVS in the bug report since the documentation has that syntax in CVS,
but I didn't test the CVS version of the backend. I'll see about doing
that but it's going to have to wait a bit...

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter(dot)schuller(at)infidyne(dot)com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey(at)scode(dot)org
E-Mail: peter(dot)schuller(at)infidyne(dot)com Web: http://www.scode.org