BUG #4871: Cannot install with 1-click installer

From: "Sami Kuhmonen" <sami(at)tokavuh(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4871: Cannot install with 1-click installer
Date: 2009-06-22 19:08:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4871
Logged by:          Sami Kuhmonen
Email address:      sami(at)tokavuh(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4RC1
Operating system:   Windows 7 x64 RC
Details:

I tried to install RC1 with the 1-click installer (I hoped you'd have the
MSI version since it's a lot better) and when it tried to create the
database it just reported an error. No useful information was given. data
directory empty, service not created. Nothing in the event log either.

So naturally I can't test RC1 with my 30GB database. I was hoping to test
the pg_migrator and RC1 for compatibility with my applications.

pgsql-bugs by date