BUG #4848: Encoding is incompatible with template database

From: "Anders Gunnarsson" <fsogren(at)passagen(dot)se>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4848: Encoding is incompatible with template database
Date: 2009-06-10 09:16:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4848
Logged by: Anders Gunnarsson
Email address: fsogren(at)passagen(dot)se
PostgreSQL version: 8.4
Operating system: Windows XP
Details:

So, now I am a member!

Hey, I had problems with the other versions so you gave me a tip to install
Postgres 8.4 which worked.

BUT when I tried to create a database it says: "
22023: new encoding (SQL_ASCII) is incompatible with the encoding of the
template database (UTF8)"

I've tried to install postgres with "install new template..." and without
during installation

Do you know this problem and how to solve it?

Ty Dave!