Re: [sysadmins] Two upgrades this weekend ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, sysadmins(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [sysadmins] Two upgrades this weekend ...
Date: 2009-05-24 00:43:26
Lists: pgsql-www

I am starting this on pgfoundry.org right now ... the procedure is very
simple (but longish):

shutdown VPS
use rsync to create a duplicate
upgrade OS to 7.x
restart VPS
upgrade all ports to 7.x
restart VPS to ensure all services restart

I won't be going to bed until it is finished, so there will be no delays
for rebuilding the ports themselves ...

----