Re: Thread hangs in VisibleBufferedInputStream.readMore

From: Oliver Hitz <oliver(at)net-track(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Thread hangs in VisibleBufferedInputStream.readMore
Date: 2009-05-07 11:59:19
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 07 May 2009, Oliver Jowett wrote:
> No it isn't, go look at the thread dumps, his application is blocking on
> read not on write.

The strange thing is that I didn't see anything at the backend. All
connections were idle at that time. If the application was hanging
because of a transaction lock, shouldn't I see this in pg_locks or
pg_stat_activity?

Anyway, I have changed some transactions and re-arranged some of the
code. The application is running for about four days now without a hang,
but I'm not sure if the problem has really gone away.

Oliver