Re: Restore Crashes Postgres

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Christine Penner <christine(at)ingenioussoftware(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres-General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Restore Crashes Postgres
Date: 2009-04-28 18:35:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Christine Penner wrote:
> The crashes I get are the windows, this program has encountered a
> problem and must close, error. At that point I can't do anything with
> Postgres. I can't restart the service. I have to restart windows.

The PostgreSQL logs should have more info regarding the crash. I think
you really need to solve this crash; it should normally never happen.
(Postgres can be configured so that the log ends up in the Windows event
log, by setting log_destination=eventlog in postgresql.conf. If you
haven't set that up, it's probably ending up in a file somewhere).